3. mai 2023.
This digital course gives you insight about energy and energy technologies, and enables you to assess various energy solutions. After this course, you should be able to use your knowledge about energy systems as transition tool towards a low carbon society.
The course then moves on to present various energy technologies and the deficiencies of different energy technologies (fossil and non-fossil based) and the changes the current shortcomings present for a transition to a low carbon society.
Other topics that will be covered are the role different energy technologies can play in the transition to a low carbon society, the challenges and opportunities represented by digitalization and ICT related to energy system integration, and various configurations of possible solutions for energy system integration.
At the end of the course you shall have:
- Basic knowledge of energy, energy forms and energy technologies
- Advanced knowledge of the challenges of different energy technologies in relation to the environment
- Advanced knowledge of energy system integration
- Knowledge of challenges and opportunities represented by digitalization and ICT
- You should be able to apply the insights on energy and energy technologies to assess various energy solutions
- Youbshould be able to critically assess and evaluate different energy solutions
- After the course, you are expected to be able to use the knowledge and skills in the analysis of energy system integration and apply it as a transition tool towards a low carbon society.
Method of work
- Lectures and student assignments.
- Bachelor Degree 180 ECTS
- Foreign applicants must also document education and English skills in accordance with NOKUT's regulations. Read more about the English language requirements here: English Language Requirements for International Applicants | University of Stavanger (uis.no). If you do not meet the English requirements, but you are working in an English speaking work environment, you can upload a CV + a certificate from your workplace that states this, as this may substitute the requirement.