13. mars 2023.
Do you want the possibility to work within finance, shipping, or marketing? With this flexible and broad degree in English, you can choose from many different career paths.
In this three-year programme, you learn about management principles and practices, market influences, operations, finance, communication, and more. Because of this broad knowledge, you can analyse complex business problems from different perspectives, and easily cross different boundaries that may exist within and between organisations.
Some of the topics you will learn about:
- Operations. Learn how businesses optimise their practices.
- Finance. Understand how businesses are financed, and how to judge the profitability of investments.
- Accounting. This skill set gives you the ability to systematically understand the financial activity of a business.
- Marketing. You will be introduced to the basic concepts of marketing, learning how companies attract and keep their customers
During the programme's third year, you will have courses from a specialisation of your choosing. These courses are important within business administration. A specialisation will give you a broader competence needed in the job market. The field will also be registered on your diploma when you graduate. The courses you can specialise in:
- International Business
- Shipping Management
Customise your degree
As a student at BI, you have several exciting opportunities that can contribute to a varied and interesting student life, at the same time as you build relevant competence.
To qualify for admission into our international bachelor programmes, you need higher education entrance qualification and documented proficiency in English.
For national applicants you need 3 years of upper secondary education is the most common background to qualify. See our admission requirements in Norwegian for other options.
All applicants are required to document English language proficiency. English can be verified with one of the following tests/exams:
High School / higher education:
- English (140 hours) at Norwegian upper secondary school with grades 4 or above. Applicants with “privateksamen” must have passed both a written and an oral exam with a sufficient grade.
- A specialization course in English completed with a passing grade at a Norwegian upper secondary school
- High school completed in the UK, USA, New Zealand, Canada, Australia or Ireland OR a Bachelor´s degree completed in one of the countries mentioned above.
- English A with grade 3 or above from the IBDP programme
- English B with grade 5 or above from the IBDP programme
- English is completed at an upper secondary level equivalent to English (140 hours) grade 4 or above from Norwegian upper secondary school.
After completing this programme, you have various options to continue your education. At BI, there are a number of options available. In fact, you qualify for every master's programme at BI, with the exception of Quantitative Finance and Law and Business. If you meet the course and grade requirements, you can apply for our recognized master´s programme in Business (Siviløkonom). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Read more about our Master programmes at BI https://www.bi.edu/programmes-and-individual-courses/master-programmes/
With a Bachelor's in business administration, you have a broad, flexible and attractive degree that opens up many career opportunities. You can work in consultancy, marketing, shipping or finance.
Your degree could lead to an international career in:
- Marketing and Sales
Here are some positions BBA Alumni now have:
- Deputy Director
Read more about what previous students now work with - https://www.bi.edu/study-at-bi/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/