After completion of the programme the candidate is possessing the following learning outcome.
• The candidate will have necessary basic knowledge as well as expertise knowledge to challenging jobs in research, industrial development and other areas. The knowledge is on a level such that the candidate can analyze problems and apply the knowledge in new areas.
• The candidate will have thorough knowledge of the different theories and methodologies of software development and especially computer programming, including advanced object oriented programming and meta-programming, based on knowledge of mathematics and technology applicable to both general-purpose programming and especially to technical applications on different platforms.
• The candidate will have special knowledge in the combined fields of geometric modelling and programming, geometry combined with artificial intelligence and programming, simulations/computations and programming, and geometry and computer graphics.
The candidate will work independently with problems, by analyzing the problems and make plans for solving them.
• The candidate will be able to independently make large and/or complex computer programs that can run on different platforms.
• The candidate can carry out an independent research or development project within the field of computer science under supervision and in accordance with applicable norms for research ethics.
• The candidate can find, analyze and deal critically with various sources of information and use them in development and in argumentation.
• The candidate will be able to write a longer continuous report and present research clearly in written work and communicate knowledge in general orally and in writing.
• The candidate is influenced to maintain and develop curiosity and values such as openness, precision and the importance of separating between knowledge and opinions.
• The candidate can communicate about academic issues, analysis and conclusions in the field of computer science by using the relevant terminology to communicate with specialists and also with the general public.
• The candidate can contribute to new thinking and innovation processes in cooperation with experts from other fields.